Laura Lautrete is the owner of Meltdown, Chester’s popular cheese toastie cafe in Handbridge which opened in 2017.
1. How are you?
Slightly jaded after an accidental bottle of wine last night but in good spirits mostly at the moment.
2.Who is your hero?
I don’t have one. Lots of people that inspire me and that I like and admire whether they be people in the industry or friends.
3. What would be the title of your autobiography?
It’s been emotional.
4.If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Just walk my dog, drink wine and play scrabble with someone who’s company I enjoy.
5. Fav album of all time
Couldn’t name one but currently am listening to lots of Etta James
6. What would you sing on karaoke night ?
I just don’t know what to do with myself – Dusty Springfield.
I CAN NOT SING AT ALL but am a big fan of wailing at karaoke
7. Where do you see Chester in 5 years time?
It would be lovely to see less empty units.
8. If you could change one thing about Chester what would it be?
Lower rent and rates for businesses
9.Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
I’d like to see Natalie Portman playing a classier, more together version of me and then I could get drunk and cry whilst watching it imagining that version of me was real.
10.Are we alone in the universe?
It would be arrogant to assume we are.
11. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
Cheese, wine and Kitty
12. Name 3 things you hate
Rudeness, unkindness and bad manners
13. In your darkest hour what gives you comfort
14. what is the greatest memory of your life ?
I found half a packet of Percy pigs in my glove box on Wednesday and I think that counts.
15. What was the last film you saw and was it any good?
It was one of those films where it ends and nothing really happened…………
16. Are we out of the woods ?
17. What is your favourite fantasy creature ? Always been jealous of that bird on that tv show that has her own dragons.
18.Which person , living or dead would you take for an independent coffee or drink
Sly Stallone – ADORE HIM
19. Favourite place in the borough (specific) ?
20. If you could time travel, where/when would you go ?
Back to the last time I had dinner with my Dad so I could see him again.
Meltdown is at 14 Queens Park View, Handbridge.
CH4 7BU Follow @meltdownchester on twitter