Gavin Matthews presents a weekday show on Dee106.3 from 7 – 1
1.How are you ? All good thanks for asking. I try and make the best of whatever hand is dealt.
2. Describe your typical day Alarm goes off just after 5am – I drive into work wondering how I am going to fill 6 hours of air time!! fter work is a heady mix of falling asleep, walking the dog and cooking tea with Corrie on alternate week nights
3.Who is your hero ? All roads lead to David Bowie
4. What would be the title of your autobiography ? “So Near but so Far”
5.If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? A day of fine food and drink at a dog friendly venue where everyone who is important to my life is there, talking and laughing.
6.Fav film of all time Thank goodness you haven’t asked for a fave song – that would be impossible to answer, this one is pretty tricky too but on balance I will go for Educating Rita.
7. What would you sing on karaoke night ? As I can’t sing (this doesn’t stop me trying) I usually go for a song where the singer has a deep voice like Neil Diamond so I can disguise, at least a little, what a terrible singing voice I have.
8. What’s the best thing about Chester ? There’s always something new to discover
9. If you could change one thing about Chester what would it be? Get a road bridge over the Dee from Sealand Road to Saltney.
10.Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Well, David Bowie could act – and there would be no greater honour to have him play me!
11.Which person , living or dead would you take for an independent coffee or drink? George Michael – I reckon he’d be great company and would defo pick up the tab!!
12. Favourite place in the borough (specific) ? tough one but I’m going for the area by the St Johns Church – down to the river – eerie yet wonderful at night!
13. If you could time travel, where/when would you go ? I’d go back to the 1920s so I could see the world my late grandparents grew up in, I heard all the stories as a boy but would love to see them in action
13. What advice would you give to your younger self? Make the most of every opportunity and when you think you have, make even more of it.
14. If you could choose one superpower what would it be ? Invisibility
15. what do you do to relax I’m not good at relaxing, music, a glass of something and chilling with my dog is as close as I get
16. Name 3 things you hate litter, bullies and bigotry.
17. do we need more hotels ? Only if there’s anything left to visit after Covid
18. What is the greatest memory of your life? doing my first radio show – I could not believe that I had made it and that someone was allowing me to do it – it was a boyhood dream that had come true.
19. If you could introduce one law what would it be ? finance and life skills are taught from a young age at school.
20. What are you most looking forward to in the post Covid world ? being able to be with those I love without having to work out whether it’s allowed