Ellesmere Port Market is hosting a Comic Con event on Saturday 28 January. The free event is being held in the Flea Market area from 10am until 4pm.
Expect to meet a host of characters throughout the day including Star Wars, Superhero’s, Pikachu, Mario & Yoshi, Olaf and Sonic the Hedgehog. There will be a Cosplay Competition at 2pm with prizes to be won for the best dressed.
Traders on the day include:
- The Toy Cupboard – Toys & Collectables, Pokemon Cards, Mystery Bags & more.
- Clecktibles – selling a huge range of Funko Pops and more.
- Tom Hall – Well known Fan Art Artist selling his Original Artwork and Prints.
- Mini Verses – Unique Framed Figures, Minifigures and collectable cards.
- Character Vault – Liverpool based suppliers of modern & vintage Comics.
- Lightgun Games – selling Retro Games & gaming goodies.
- Crit Happens Dice – supplying TTRPG items including handmade dice, campaign books, dice jails and much, much more.
- Emily Megan Art – is a Cheshire based artist selling her fantastic art prints.
Organiser, Steven Howard said: “After having to stop events during the pandemic and struggling to be able to put on our usual event since, add to that, times being hard, we decided to change the format and make the event free entry.
“We’ve had to trim a few things with it not being a ticketed event, but visitors can still expect to find the Flea Market Area full of stalls selling Comic Con merchandise inc. toys, collectables, Pokemon cards, Funko Pops, Longefly Bags, artwork, retro games, TTRPG Dice, comic’s, mystery bags, books, 3D art, framed figures, hand made goods and much more.”
Councillor Richard Beacham, Cabinet Member for Inclusive Growth, Economy & Regeneration said: “I’m sure the Ellesmere Port Market Comic Con will have something for all ages. This event is free so a great opportunity to come along and support your local market. There is a Cosplay competition so why not dress up as your favourite character.
“The market has recently opened a new soft play area for young children and at the end of last year new artwork murals were completed by artists Graham Boyd and Nikki Pinder.”
The new soft play area has now opened in Ellesmere Port market, aimed at three-year-olds and under. The soft play area features a wide range of fun activities including a giant jigsaw, a block sorter, a convex and an infinity mirror, giant noughts and crosses game, a soft play rocker, chocolate step stones, and a slide all surrounded by foam walls. The free area has space for six children at a time. Children must be accompanied by an Adult.