over on twitter I posed this question and there was a great range of responses. Thanks to Mark Hoole Williams for the suggestion of posting them up as a blog, I think most of them are here, some funny and some sad. Havent named any of the comments, mainly because the copying and pasting was wearing me out. Still, an interesting cross section of opinion :
- speed up the Northgate development
- the cinema that Labour promised
- Openness, engagement and competence would be my wish list
- more social care resources for adult services including respite, homecare and social workers !
.more accommodation options for young people including supported living to prevent homelessness
.Open, honest and transparent governance where we don’t have to resort to FoIs to find out what is going on
adult social care services in CWAC desperately need to be reviewed ASAP
U-turn on proposal to scrap separate scrutiny of Children & Education, Safeguarding and Public Accounts
Bit of reflection from the defeated group on why they lost. Carrying on as normal suggests they think the electorate was wrong
full review of the homeless service provision move?
- Rent free for the food bank
- an open honest transparent inclusive consultative council
strategic plan for support of local independent shops to return city centre vibrancy
merge with Flintshire… For a laugh.
changes in rates for businesses on the rows to support independents?
integrity, which I honestly think we’ll now receive
- Free unicorns
- bring back Ellesmere Port and Neston Borough Council
help to ensure consistent bus fares across all service providers – especially blacon buses.
Overturning the Elms planning decision
- better disabled access to businesses. (Non perm solutions no impact on heritage)
- Mandatory Costa reward cards
- council tax to increase by 110% for no apparent reason
- plenty of respect for colleagues and more importantly the community
- less press based controversy , better spending plans
- sense of support for entrepeneurs and local shops
- bus lanes open at set times
- A vote of no confidence
- a culture where facts are actually facts
- rectify recent road planning fails, esp short merge lanes eg sealand rd, long lane Upton
- integrity, there wont be any money for the extra services people are asking for
- a 20ft bronze statue of Mike Jones
- A moratorium on shale gas exploration. Better scrutiny on CWAC officer decisions & Cllr’s work.
- Children’s play area on the maze at water tower gardens
- a neighbourhood plan for chester city
- make park and ride free. Extend free after 3
- bigger recyle bins
- full dig to reveal the Roman lion arena
- An application that the walls become a world heritage site….. Like that’s going to happen!!
- Less money, more love
- Rename the city New Deva
With thanks to Chay Hawes for the Mike Jones mock up @chayground