Louise Gittins is the Labour Cllr for Little Neston and Leader of the council
- How are you ? I’m very well thank you
- Who/what inspired you in life ? I’ve been inspired by different people throughout my life: people who try to make the world a better place. My current inspiration is Jacinda Ardern
- What advice would you give to your younger self? To be brave and bold, have confidence in your own abilities and don’t worry about being so tall. Confront your challenges head on!
- What do you do to relax? Long walks, bit of yoga. During lockdown I’ve enjoyed watching my garden grow and listening to bird song, it’s been amazing and feel like I’ve missed out on this for so many years as I’ve always worked.
- Fav film of all time: tough one as I have lots, one in particular though Last of the Mohicans
- What would you sing on karaoke night ? Copacabana of course
7.Where do you see Chester in 5 years time ? A thriving, inclusive, green city, the best city in the country for residents and visitors. I have great hopes for Northgate and that whole area of the city. I’m excited about what the future holds 😉
8.Where do you see the world in 5 years time? I hope a better one than we have now, with Corona Virus behind us, however I am not convinced that enough of our world leaders have learnt lessons from C19 and we will just return to how things were before. In my dreams it would be cleaner, peaceful, healthier and happier
9.If you could change one thing about Chester what would it be? The amount of traffic, I would love it to be traffic free.
10. Are we alone in the universe ? Tricky but given the size of the universe, I can’t see how we can be
11. Name 3 things you love Obviously I have to say my husband, family and my cat (climbing mountains and swimming in the sea are pretty amazing too)
12. and 3 you hate not sure I hate much really, probably some foods so Corned beef, sultanas and whiskey. All three have an ‘urgh’ factor
13. In your darkest hour what gives you comfort my lovely husband
14. What is the greatest memory of your life ? Climbing and summiting Kilimanjaro, it’s the memory that gives me courage when I doubt myself. Obviously my wedding day was pretty special too
15. What would be the title of your autobiography? Mrs Miggins from Migginsville
16. What becomes of the broken hearted ? You get over it and move on, stronger!
17. What was the last film you saw and was it any good ? Last weekend I watched Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri: fantastic story of a Mother’s fight for justice.
18. Which person, living or dead would you take for an independent coffee or drink My sister who lives in Liverpool, she had a bike accident at the end of lockdown, broke her hip, banged her head and is on a slow path to recovery, can’t wait to meet her for a cocktail and have a good old chin wag.
19.Favourite place in the borough (specific) ? Walking along the marsh edge between Parkgate and Burton, it feels so wild. I love the sound of the birds across the estuary, the hills of Wales in the distance, the huge sky and wonderful sunsets over Hilbre island
20. If you could time travel, where/when would you go ? Part of my house is very old and I’d love to go back in time to when it was first built (circa 1680) and find out who lived there and what they did, walk down to Parkgate and see the waves crashing over the front and the boats going to Ireland